Looking for a "hands-on" role in a fast-paced environment? Are you interested in working for a great company? Then you may be a terrific fit for our Restaurant Manager position.
Regency at Dominion Valley is a thoughtfully tailored property to the people who live, work and visit this Northern VA and District of Columbia area. Our associates understand the needs and wants of our guests and can address them without hesitation. They create a personalized experience for each person who visits Regency at Dominion Valley and supports one another in doing so. If you have a passion for pleasing others, a get it done mentality, and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference every day by positively impacting the lives of others.
We are actively recruiting a Restaurant Manager to help us reach the next level of service. We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to join our team immediately. Someone who is invested in providing exceptional experiences to our members and guests while developing "the place to be" in Haymarket, VA.
Would you like to work with an outstanding team? If all of this is exciting to you, please attach your resume.
Regency at Dominion Valley Country Club
Full Time - Hourly
$14 - $16/hr. BOE
Plan and manage the restaurant and other food and beverage outlets as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- The Restaurant Manager is responsible for communicating with the management with associates and other departments. Further responsibilities include helping to fill any open positions with candidates who are qualified and understand the "standards of excellence" required of them. All Associates should receive regular, timely and honest evaluations of their performance and potential.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Responsibility for the daily cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant both internally and externally. Coordination of kitchen cleanliness with the Chef.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained.
- Meet prior to events to inform staff about event particulars and expectations.
- Assist where necessary to ensure exceptional service to members and guests.
- Greet Clients in charge and respond to requests.
- Supervise banquet rooms set-up and clean-up.
- Restaurant Manager must be flexible, open-minded, and adaptable to change, with strong organizational, management and time management skills.
Additionally must be able to interact well with guests, members, management, and staff associates in a professional manner.
- Intelligent in grasping and integrating new information. An active learner with a strong sense of confidence. Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues, and problems. Considers multiples resources and methods for analyzing problems.
- Makes great decisions.
- Is effective in prioritizing work; consistently manages time and processes to create maximum efficiency with minimum disruption or redundancy. Is time sensitive, understands how work and processes fit in with other departmental or business priorities and objectives? Is able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes. Is able to gauge progress with respect to overall impact and results.
- Can think and act independently with confidence. Has personal fortitude and integrity when faced with challenges.
- Energetic and takes initiative. Is pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks. Strives to exceed expectations and goals.
- Welcoming and warm personality. Able to engage easily and actively connect with others. Is genuinely caring and compassionate; visibly demonstrates a desire to understand others. Creates confidence and trust with others, is socially aware of self and others and is known for communicating the right message at the right time. Utilizes a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation. Is comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels. Is direct yet tactful and considerate of the audience. Positively accepts and provides feedback.
- Proficient in position required job skills and knowledge.
- Requires thorough knowledge of the restaurant/hotel practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. May require knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine the course of action based on these guidelines.
- Supervision/management communication skills are required.
- Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make occasional decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
- Excellent comprehension for assisting with guest and associated matters. Interpreting instructions from superiors.
- Excellent vision required for seating guests, expediting food, cleaning equipment, reading floor plans, charts, schedules.
- Must have excellent oral communication for communicating with guests and associates, issuing instructions and communicating policies.
- Excellent comprehension required to read and implement policies and procedures; writing schedules and reading forecast and SOPs.
- Must have knowledge of chemicals/agents for training purposes.
- Climbing stairs -varies by location. No driving required.
- Mobility -95% of shift covering all areas of outlets supervising.
- Continuous standing to assist at hostess station -minimal stationary standing.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry tables, chairs, trays, plates, and chafing dishes on a daily basis, 20 -40 lbs.
- Bending -Bend to pick up dropped items as needed. Bend to assist in serving food or getting supplies.
- Two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Computerized order machine, basic writing materials, restaurant equipment including but not limited to coffee machines, ice machines, toasters and beverage dispensers.
- Inside 95% of work day.
- Temperatures can exceed 100 degrees if working at a location with outside dining facilities and when assisting in the kitchen
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Up to Par Management / Taylor Hospitality are a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs, hotels, restaurants, and associates. Up to Par exists to positively impact others through our platform of professionally managed clubs, hotels, and restaurants by living our core values of ECHO Teamwork and culture of continuous improvement. Our commitment to career development has created loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our Be Exceptional atmosphere.