Assist in the administrative duties and cross-train for evaluations and appraisal bidding/review of residential, commercial and REO properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee adherence to policies and procedures.
2. Order and engage appraisal requests. This will entail requesting data from FRMs/loan assistants, monitoring the completeness and accuracy of the bid request forms, ensuring all required documents are within the appraisal package, submitting appraisal assignments for bids, composing engagement letters, and engaging the appraiser. This duty includes residential, commercial, and REO appraisal requests.
3. Review residential and commercial appraisal reports that qualify for internal reviews for adequacy, legitimacy, consistency and content, compose reviews based on findings within the appraisal report, and communicate with lenders regarding appraisal concerns. Route external reviews to qualified external reviewers for appraisals that are above ARD’s internal review limitations.
4. Update daily and monthly reports as requested.
5. Gather, code, and submit invoices through Banktel.
6. Maintain and check on the status of requests and appraisals on a daily basis, deliver appraisal reports and communicate with lenders and appraisers.
7. Assist with the qualification of appraisers for possible additions to the Approved Appraiser List.
8. Compose e-mails /memos regarding appraisal related topics.
9. Independently research and analyze property and comparable data obtained from internal and external sources to establish real estate collateral value. This duty includes residential, commercial, and REO properties.
10. Write narrative analysis for management to describe property and market conditions, identify potential risks, and explain reasoning.
11. Create and maintain database of internal market data and keep comparables up to date.
12. Communicate with management regarding real estate appraisal/evaluation related topics.
13. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar business -related fields, preferred. Real Estate background desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail and task oriented.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Strongly motivated and shows initiative.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled