The SmackDAB Culinary Team is looking for a full-time First Cook to work variable shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays. We pay $15.50 per hour, plus a Summer Bonus Incentive of $1 pe rhour for every hour worked until September 7th!
The role of the First Cook is the application of skills in
various areas of line preparation (scratch cooking, finishing, plating and garnishing), prioritization of duties, the maintenance of quality
standards, ensuring cleanliness of kitchen and pastry.
professional kitchen appearance
- Creation of
daily features and expected to “hold” a station down
daily specials and requirements through front of house briefings
- Complete mise
en place in a timely manner ready for service
kitchen cleanliness and maintenance of equipment
- Notify the Chef
immediately of any required repairs
effectively as part of the team to produce high quality food in a positive
- Observe health
and safety practices at all times
- Assists the Executive Chef, Sous Chefs
and Chef de Partie’s
- Prepare all aspects of the food
production for Banquets according to hotel standards and sanitation
- Prepare food items for customers using a
quality pre-determined method in a timely and consistent manner with the
minimum of wastage possible.
- Daily cleaning and inventory of walk in,
storage and refrigerators for stock rotation and cleanliness.
- Ensure all equipment in work area is
properly cleaned after every use.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to
- Logging Fridge Temperatures on a daily
- Train junior staff members on all kitchen
practices and procedures
- Input in menu development is a necessity
- Checking quality and receiving food
orders when senior chefs are not present
- Perform other duties as necessary and
assigned by Chef.
- Daily log book
- 2+ years in a Supervisory
position at a hotel or restaurant
verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Food Safe
- Ability to work
variable shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally
entitled to work in Canada with no restrictions