This position is responsible for ensuring that all procedures are coded and billed correctly in an appropriate and effective manner. The position is responsible for ensuring that all procedures that are billed are appropriately documented. This person must be organized and detail oriented to ensure that all charges/supplies are entered and allowables and write-offs are generated correctly. This position may be delegated additional responsibilities or special assignments by the Business Office Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read patient's operative report from doctor.
• Review patient charts.
• Code per corporate policy and procedures for accurate and profitable billing.
• Use appropriate codes, i.e CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10 etc.
• Verify procedures and check modifiers.
• Key codes into PAS.
• Complete and verify information to ensure correct billing according to billing policy.
• File electronic claims daily. Review and correct all electronic billing reports.
• Print and mail all claim forms not set up to feed electronically
• Maintain complete and accurate files on all insurance information and contracts. Stay current with and follow billing requirements of local and national carriers.
• Communicate current needs and insurance updates to other office personnel to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
• Print and mail patient statements according to the appropriate schedule.
• Contact all patients regarding outstanding patient balances at a minimum monthly.
e Respond in a timely manner to all claims and requests for information from all payors.
3. Provide administrative assistance to management team.
4. Assists in month end close.
5. Ensures confidential handling of Center financial information and adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
6. Assists in continuous quality improvement processes.
7. Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability require.
Must have knowledge of medical terminology. Demonstrates ability to work as a team member and to communicate directly and professionally. Must be flexible, reliable, productive, patient oriented and self motivated. Avoids being involved in gossip spreading or conversations that promoted discord of staff members. Maintains professional conduct and appearance.
Must be a high school graduate. Must have two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have demonstrated computer skills. Must maintain coding certification of CPC through AMA.