Cashier – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Join the FAO Schwarz team and be a part of history as we Return to Wonder! ThreeSixty Group acquired FAO Schwarz in 2016 and is enthusiastically bringing the FAO Schwarz Flagship Store back to life in New York City at Rockefeller Center!
FAO Schwarz, founded in 1862, is one of the oldest and most iconic toy brands in the world. FAO Schwarz has always been synonymous with quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of kids. The fondness associated with FAO Schwarz is wrapped up in the theatre of it all. It’s more than just toys, it’s the deep nostalgia for toys that come to life as kids of all ages enter the store. A visit to FAO Schwarz means much more than a trip to a toy store. With the anticipation and excitement of a special occasion, FAO Schwarz never fails to deliver a feast for the senses – exciting adults and children alike.
We are looking for friendly and dynamic Seasonal Cashiers who enjoy delivering a world-class customer experience for everyone that enters our flagship store. Our Seasonal Cashiers should be able to work flexible hours, deliver a whimsical and theatrical experience for customers at our cash-wraps and at our mobile Point of Sale (POS) systems, and can support our Toy Ambassadors on the sales floor as needed to drive sales and deliver great customer experiences. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers, employees, and vendor partners.
You will report to the Customer Service Manager and will be lead by our Customer Service Leads on all daily operations. You will work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure a world-class shopping experience for all customers
- Maintain an upbeat, positive, and theatrical interaction with every customer
- Operate stationary and mobile Point of Sale systems (iOS devices), scanners, scales, and credit card/debit card terminals
- Be knowledgeable of our store layout, Rockefeller Center layout, and be able to direct customers or make suggestions
- Handle all transactions in a quick, efficient manner
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges
- Sort, count and wrap currency and coins as needed
- Be empowered to resolve all customer issues with urgency, kindness, a can-do attitude
- Be able to answer customer questions and provide accurate information on all procedures and policies
- Receive payments by cash, credit/debit card, and Gift Card
- Issue receipts, refunds, store credits, or change due to customers
- Wrap and bag all purchases with care for all customers
- Maintain accurate cash drawer
- Keep your checkout area clean and orderly, being sure to maintain the respective area in between transactions
- Stock shelves and support our Toy Ambassadors on the sales floor as needed to provide the best experience for our customers
- Recommend our “hands-free” shopping option to customers, which could include a local courier service or other shipping options that deliver their products directly to their home or hotel
What We’ll Expect You to Have
- A sense of whimsy, a nostalgia for toys, and a fondness for the FAO Schwarz brand
- High school degree
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
- Previous experience in a retail store or as a cashier
- Positive, helpful attitude towards employees and customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
- Ability to process coupons, refunds, gift cards, and checks
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards, and register receipts
Why You Should Work for Us
- We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
- You’re never treated like a number or task, you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
- Growth opportunities are everywhere, just take a look at some recent news…
- Highly competitive benefits
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Site Human Resource Manager at TeamSupportAtFAODotCom (Please send in the form of @fao.com).