Title Alliance currently has an opening for an Internal Compliance Auditor in Media, PA with strong attention to detail and excellent customer support skills.
The Internal Compliance Auditor will apply focused attention to detail to the strategic planning, preparation, implementation, execution, and reporting of internal compliance audits for the company. Will perform a variety of tasks to complete these audits, including but not limited to a periodic review of sample work performed at company joint ventures by title and escrow officers and staff, analyze available operational and financial data and reports, examine processes and procedures to ensure compliance and consistency, and generate audit findings and reports with communication to appropriate designated recipients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review samples of work from each subsidiary and joint ventured office and by each entity closer, escrow and title officer quarterly.
- Record those findings and report variations from the company standard whenever determined by the Auditor to be necessary, informing all appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- If audit findings are identified upon risk ranking as serious, immediately notify the compliance officer to enable appropriate response and action.
- Report to management about audit results and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Examine records and interview associates to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Prepare regular internal audit report on the status and progress of activities including, but not limited to, the number of audits performed, observations, findings, deviations, deficiencies, etc. and submit to the Compliance Officer, and to the Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources to execute audit activities.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the title insurance industry in a title or escrow officer role
- Must possess a title license or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of the notary public role and requirements is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full life cycle of a title insurance policy and the escrow, closing and settlement processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory requirements and obligations of the title insurance industry, including, but not limited to compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations and local best practices including RESPA, state RESPA-type laws, ALTA Best Practices, TRID, FinCen, FIRPTA, and other applicable industry laws and regulations
- Identify complex problems and implement solutions
- Must be a quick learner, able to adapt to changing conditions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
- Ability to multi-task effectively, particularly in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence outcomes through effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated effective customer service experience to a diverse audience to enhance service delivery
- Intermediate level MS Office experience
Title Alliance Ltd. is a renowned leader in the real estate industry providing an innovative title and escrow services one customer experience at a time through the creation and management of highly successful title joint ventures. We are an employer of choice because we understand the most valuable investment we can make is in our team of passionate and committed industry professionals. Together we are expanding a compliant and customer-driven title and escrow experience into newer markets while continuously providing innovative industry expertise. Founded in 1948, we have formed joint ventures in Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia since 1983. Join us as we continue to expand our footprint and brand.
Title Alliance is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to participate in our team bonus program. Some of the benefits you will enjoy include: comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance at competitive rates; generous paid time off plan; company paid - life insurance, short term, and long term disability; 401k; employee assistance program and more!
Title Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Title Alliance LTD is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled