Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Payroll Specialist who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Payroll Specialist you will be responsible for updating payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, department transfers, etc. You will resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and initiating action to resolve any problem. You will be completing benefit administration and the processing of weekly & bi-weekly employees, exempt and non-exempt and you will maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Process off cycle payroll as needed
- Enters, maintains and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits and other deductions.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- W2 &1094/1095 processing (ADP)
- Garnishments, Liens & Levy’s
- Understand and apply state payroll laws when terminating employees.
- Participate in cross functional projects which involve payroll processing and procedures.
- Ensures all hours and earnings are balanced with control documents
- Processes any stop payments or void payments in the payroll system
- Answers all incoming email, mail and phone requests to the payroll department.
- Troubleshoot and respond to questions regarding paychecks, taxes, timecards, direct deposit and other payroll related issues.
- Manage time cards, time entry, and timekeeping software and systems
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and regular ongoing communications and collaboration with Human Resources, Accounting, IT, Operations, and Internal Audit departments
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of payroll experience preferred
- Experience with multi state tax IDs preferred
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled