Supervises the field construction of a project, including its organization, planning, and scheduling, in order to complete the work on time, within budget, and to quality specified.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Maintain documentation â€“ daily logs, schedules, checklists, punch lists, permits & inspections, etc.
- Develop and managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with HG standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote and coordinate project operations.
- Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- At least five years of commercial building construction experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, construction means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods.
- Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures.
- Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Highland Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled