IMMEDIATE POSITION AVAILABLE - NIGHT TIME DISPATCHER
Shifts - 12:00pm to 8:00pm onsite at 5765 Bicentennial St, San Antonio, Texas 78219
Shifts - 4:00pm to 12:00pm onsite at 5765 Bicentennial St., San Antonio, Texas 78219
Some positions can be designed to accommodate a "work from home" environment. Inquire at time of interview.
This can be a great job for a full-time student who needs to work and have time to study.
With a focus on customer and driver satisfaction, the dispatcher is required to coordinate, supervise and dispatch the movements of rollback wrecker, heavy-duty wrecker, and heavy haul equipment trucks. Contact drivers and communicate with them utilizing computer and phone. Respond to questions from potential and current customers and drivers. Inform drivers of any traffic, alternate route or inclement weather conditions.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive inbound customer queries by phone or e-mail; identifying the needs of the customer rapidly and precisely. Will make and receive numerous phone calls on a daily basis.
- Work out a solution to meet customer needs, calculates the towing rates and replies to customers in a courteous professional manner.
- Arrange the transport of vehicles and/or equipment while receiving and making multiple calls to drivers and customers; applying time management skills, staying organized and prioritizing the order of calls.
- Conform to timelines, demands, and shifting priorities by using problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Clearly and consciously complete the order intake and make both a manual and electronic record of information from the call.
- Accurately and thoroughly closeout order record; including the method of payment for services rendered.
- Coordinate individual driver and team activities while exhibiting motivational and leadership qualities. Keep track of driver location, job status, driver needs, and schedules.
- Provide ongoing management, communication, and positive interactions with the driver team. Manages driver performance by building relationships with drivers. Keep track of driver location, job status, and driver needs. Make sure that all policies, procedures, and rules are followed and reports are accurate.
- Work with others in a close positive manner delivering excellent customer service, externally and internally.
- Adhere to company policies and work requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Read, write and speak English to the extent that he/she is able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as able to give verbal and written instructions clearly so that they are understood by customers, drivers, and others.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication) to make job-related calculations.
- Think analytically and reason through problems and unforeseen situations.
- Must have geographical knowledge of the metroplex and its surrounding areas.
- Capacity to handle diverse customers, work under pressure, and handle stress effectively.
- Adaptable and flexible; to operate calmly with poise during times of change.
- Good working knowledge of all tow and hauling trucks, the equipment they haul; and equipment and terminologies.
- Good working knowledge of the purpose, capability, and limitations of the equipment associated with the position.
- Acceptable computer skills and general working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, TeleTrac, and other operational software; with excellent keyboarding skills.
Pay for the position is commensurate with experience. The position is full time with full benefits which include hospitalization, vision, dental, 401k, paid vacations, and paid holidays. Apply online for this position.