Direct Support Professional Coach
Georgia Options is an Athens based non-profit dedicated to helping adults with developmental disabilities have typical life experiences.To learn more check out our website: https://georgiaoptions.org/
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support people in living their lives to the fullest experience; to be included in their chosen communities; to live successfully in their own homes; to be productive citizens.
ESSENTIAL COACHING FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, support, coach and supervise other Direct Support Professionals that work with all people in the household.
- Provide respectful, individualized support with the people supported’s activities of daily living, through modeling, conversational and physical assistance.
- Encourage and assist the people supported to be involved and included in their communities.
- Encourage and assist the person served to be a self-advocate.
- Rotate weekend on-call emergency response system with other coaches.
- Work with Scheduling Coordinator and DSPs that are trained with the people supported to arrange coverage for open shifts. If unable to arrange coverage, provide coverage at the DSP rate.
- Prioritize continuing education and growth by maintaining all certifications, required trainings, leading monthly house meetings and attending quarterly staff meetings.
This position pays $36,000 per year, plus compensation for additional shifts worked.
Complete application at: https://georgiaoptions.easyapply.co
Related keywords: direct support professional, dsp, caregiver, hiring immediately
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Mask required
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position