The Brentwood Children’s Ministry Administrative Assistant is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Children’s Minister for providing administrative support and assistance in all areas of the Children’s Ministry including weekly discipleship programming, special events, outreach events or projects, and other church sponsored community events as related to children’s ministry.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- Maintain records for weekly activities (LIFE Groups, Impact, Marketplace, etc.).
- Process guests who visit Children’s Ministry and follow up with appropriate paperwork.
- Update weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports such as dashboard, Ministry Scope & Summary and numbers that need to be reported to other departments.
- Maintain files for special events such as VBS, Backyard Kids Clubs, camps and mission journeys, keeping record of paperwork and money received.
- Financial Management
- Process check requests and other money requests.
- Deposit money receipts (offerings, event payments, etc.)
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Resource Support
- Order and distribute all curriculum and literature.
- Collect, respond and fulfill resource requests from ministry volunteers.
- Coordinate with Resource Coordinator on needs for supply room and requests from volunteers.
- Administrative Support
- Create, assemble and distribute communication pieces for the Children’s Ministers. Such items may include, but not limited to: postcards, flyers, letters, posters and emails.
- Write and edit copy for parent and leader electronic and printed communications.
- Coordinate marketing and promotional plans for ministry events with Children’s Minister and Church Marketing Director.
- Submit Communication (including video and tech) Requests as necessary for communication items that need to be handled outside of the Children’s office.
- Maintain Children’s Ministry web page, Facebook profile, Journey On Leadership web site and VBS Leadership web site.
- Submit requests for facilities usage and room setups (for weekly room usage and well as special events and meetings).
- Provide Administrative Support to the Children’s Minister.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· Prepare Children’s Area for Sunday and Wednesday services
- Participation in staff meetings as required by the department
- Serve in rotation for phone relief duty and/or other church-wide needs
- Complete applicable weekly/quarterly/annual reports required by the department
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
· Manages details, tasks and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
· Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must do” priorities when necessary
· Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
· Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
· Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
· Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of issues and topics pertaining to the area of his/her job specialty (for Professional Staff positions only)
· Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
· Self-directed and proactive, level of supervision required is appropriate
· Is willing to take on additional responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
· Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
· Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
· Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
· Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH (Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits) necessary to be successful in this role
· Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
· Maintains appropriate gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future growth.
- Be detail oriented
- Have strong written & verbal communication skills
- Must meet BBC benchmark for computer competency (Ministry Platform, EventU, Word Press, Bank of America GRAM, Martus, and Microsoft Office Products)
- Knowledge in using and working with web-based systems such as social networks, blogs and email.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, minimum of two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled