HOME HEALTH AIDE- CORPUS CHRISTI, TX
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR AND DON
The Home Health Aide (HHA) provides personal care and comfort measures in the patient's residence as directed and supervised by the DIRECTOR OF NURSING or RN Clinical Supervisor in accordance with the patient's plan of care. The Home Health Aide also assists with the maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
1.Assist with, or provide, services as assigned by the DON or RN Clinical Supervisor related to personal care of the patient, the patient's activities of daily living, and nursing tasks delegated in accordance with agency policy and the rules of the Board of Nurse Examiners.
2. Prepare and submit documentation of observations, findings, and services provided to patients in accordance with agency policy.
3. Reports to the DON or RN Clinical Supervisor changes in the patient's condition or environment in accordance with the plan of care, skilled nurse instructions, and agency guidelines.
4. Reinforce patient teaching as directed by the skilled nurse or therapist.
5. Perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy services as directed by a therapist.
6. Attend and participate in patient care conferences and other agency meetings.
7. Attend in-service training programs.
8. Other agency related duties as assigned.
Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work
1.Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
2. Completes work, care and documentation with accuracy and within agency time frames.
3. Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed.
Demonstrates organizational awareness and commitment
1.Understands and appropriately applies the chain of command in relation to job position and supervision.
2. Knows and understands the agency mission in relation to own job position.
Observes confidentiality policy at all times.
1.Protects and honors customer and coworker confidentiality.
2. Respects customers' and coworkers' right to privacy.
Observes attendance and attire polices
I.Meets attendance and punctuality expectations.
2. Demonstrates cooperation with requests to meet agency needs.
3. Consistently adheres to agency dress code.
Complies with all other related policies, procedures and requests
I.Recommends and/or supports changes to policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to own job position.
3. · Adheres to policies and procedures. Honors requests of management for interim rules.
Conserves agency resources
1.Maintains agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and Accountability.
2. Maintains the work area to reduce the likelihood for safety hazards and to enhance its general appearance.
Demonstrates interpersonal understanding and utilizes effective communication skills
1.Considers effects of words and actions on others.
2.Utilizes listening skills that indicate understanding and promote accurate interpretation of others' concerns, motivations and feelings.
3.Recognizes the influence of believes and cultures on behaviors and accepts strengths and limitations in others.
4.Works toward resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
5.Recognizes when others are in need of information, assistance or direction and consistently offers and provides help.
6. Attends and participates positively in meetings.
7. Regularly reads and appropriately applies information to practice.
8. Uses words that express respect, patience and understanding in interactions with others.
9. Acknowledges other verbally and nonverbal (eye contact, expression, tone voice) promptly and courteously.
10. Follows appropriate phone etiquette.
Exhibits behaviors of cooperation
I.Develops cooperation and collaborative work efforts that general benefits all involved parties.
2. Demonstrates the initiative to meet the needs of the agency by assisting coworkers when load permits.
Service Excellence 50% of yearly evaluation
1.Shows courtesy, compassion and respect.
2. Communicates with all individuals appropriately, while maintaining confidentiality.
3. Contributes to teamwork, and harmonious working relationships.
4. Supports and demonstrates continuous improvement of quality and service.
5. Shares ideas and suggestions.
6. Participates in projects.
7. Participates in problem solving.
8. Reports problems, unusual events appropriately.
9. Demonstrates behavior that promotes professionalism and self-development.
I O. Participates in educational programs/seminars.
11. Promotes cost consciousness.
12. Displays professional appearance.
13. Promotes professional environment, including emphasis on cleanliness and safety.
Continuing education and personal/professional development responsibilities
1.Maintains personal health status requirement in relation to job position
2. Maintains professional licensure/certification (if applicable).
3. Maintains current personnel file information and provides information to agency in timely manner.
4. Sets own development challenges and volunteers to learn.
5. Assists with orientation of new personnel.
6. Adheres to agency infection control and safety policies, including education, reporting, and practice implementation specific to job position. •
7. Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill requirements of position and agency policies.
Exhibits adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior.
1.Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure and/ or stressful conditions.
2. Develops work relationships that honor and respect others' strengths and abilities.
Exhibit critical thinking abilities and applies them for continuous improvement of services and the agency
1.Uses own knowledge and experience base and other resources as necessary to make logical decisions and solve problems.
2. Continuously analyze work process and makes suggestions for improvement.
Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication. Must be able to work eight (8) hours per day minimum while driving, standing, sitting, bending, and reaching. Must be able to lift and transfer patients.
1.Completion of a Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant training and competency evaluation program which complies with the requirements of 25 TAC 115.61; or a minimum of one year full-time experience in direct client care in an institutional or home health setting with in the past five years.
2.Successfully pass a competency evaluation given by an RN, which utilizes both written, and hands-on skills testing.
3.Good observation and reporting skills.
DEGREES OF TRAVEL
Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a State driver's license.
DEGREES OF DISRUPTION TO ROUTINE, OVERTIME
Must be able to adapt to client status and needs, as directed. Schedule changes daily due to client condition, needs, etc.
SAFETY HAZARDS IN JOB
Possible infections from clients. Possible auto accident. Possible unsafe neighborhoods