Do you have a passion to work with a team of people committed to end homelessness and reduce poverty in the areas they serve? Join the Fund Development Team!
The Database Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce and Financialforce deployment. This position will work towards improving processes and adoption using the Force.com platform. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes including: Fundraising, Marketing, Outreach and our core program business processes. This role is part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Database Administrator will be responsible for managing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform, and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Stewardship and Donor Retention.
Position Type: Fixed Term – Minimum 6 months to 1 year
Reporting to: Senior Manager of Stewardship & Donor Retention
Location: Downtown Calgary, Alberta
Option to be an Independent Contractor or Consultant available.
- Serve as the senior system administrator for the Salesforce.com and Financialforce environment with 40+ users
- Ensure the working order of all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for scheduled upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Work with SF and FF management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in advanced training of db users, and support the growth of the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams.
- Complete the full documentation of our current Salesforce setup.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Oversee the management of database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Optimize automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
Database Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and work with junior developers.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in computer science or a related field preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Maybe required to work onsite occasional and meet with stakeholders at various locations within The Mustard Seed.
- The successful candidate would be considered an independent contractor
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities