Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a Duty Coordinator to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Manager, Family Services, the overall role of the Duty Coordinator is to ensure delivery of our mission, to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, to provide a safe, warm, comfortable, and compassionate environment for our families, guests, and volunteers. The Duty Coordinator will have the opportunity to work closely with volunteers who, through their commitment to our mission and vision, play a valuable role in our workforce.
- Work closely with both the House and the Family Room teams to ensure both locations operate according to the guidelines and protocols of RMHC Toronto;
- In collaboration with the House, Family Room teams and with the support of the Volunteer Resource team, work closely with volunteers to engage and support as necessary to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for families;
- Foster strong values-based relationships with all key stakeholders for both locations;
- Prepare accurate and timely administrative reports and documentation required for both locations;
- Ensure accurate family records are maintained as necessary;
- Be proactive in managing fluid situations and escalate as required and/or necessary;
- Identify operational concerns and implement corrective measures as deemed appropriate;
- Ensure consistency in implementation of policies and procedures;
- Understand the different needs for each location and prioritize appropriately;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Social Services degree or diploma preferred;
- 1-5 years of experience in family focused environment;
- Experience in volunteer management;
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with Office 365, iPhone features, GoToMeeting and administrative database for family records;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Results driven, and exercises good judgment;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment;
- Experience in the non-profit sector an asset;
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
Personal attributes, skills and abilities:
- Embodies a customer service mindset, in working with families, donors and volunteers;
- Excellent troubleshooting & conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to balance multiple and sometimes conflicting demands;
- Outgoing and able to inspire others;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Effective collaboration skills;
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in environments of significant change;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required to support a 24-hour operation.
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you? We offer:
- Competitive hourly rate and paid wellness day’s;
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online by clicking "Apply Now"!
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position