About Atlantic Housing
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable
housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000
units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD
HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable
housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic
Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing
and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents
improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the
continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top
performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all
that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 16 hours of Learning Time Off annually
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- This role is eligible for overtime
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover
medical, dental, prescription, vision, employer HSA contributions, and
supplemental health insurance
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching
About the Community Manager role:
The Community Manager will have a proven track record of successfully managing multifamily properties, including student housing properties, utilizing superior communication skills and a positive attitude. Community Managers directly supervise the property’s on-site staff to ensure implementation of all corporate policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely reports (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc) detailing cash flow, budget variances, market studies, and business strategies.
● Budget and Expense and Program Goals: Assist in developing annual budgets, and executing on same, including managing expenses and achieving company goals, including revenue, occupancy, social programs, and other aspects of the Foundation’s mission.
● Capital Improvements: Work with the Regional Manager and corporate team to review and inspect all capital replacement plans; ensure all are within the scope of the approved budget.
● Market Research: Maintain detailed knowledge of the local market and competition and develop tailored marketing plans with strategies to prelease for the following school year.
● Vendor Management: Solicit bids and negotiate with vendors in preparation for turn.
● Tenant Relations: Lead the on-site team in tenant satisfaction matters.
● Routine Legal Matters: Lead on-site staff in evictions and other routine legal matters.
● Fair Housing and Legal Compliance: Remain abreast of federal and state legal developments as they pertain to our business, including Fair Housing, EEO, OSHA, and ADA, and assist in assuring compliance.
● Process Improvement: Assist in ongoing process improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
● Employee Reviews and Compensation: Review performance and recommend (or approve as appropriate) employee compensation decisions.
● Site Inspections: Personally inspect the property on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
Qualifications / Requirements
The Community Manager will report directly to a Regional Manager, and will have the following credentials and qualifications (required for consideration for the position):
● At least four (3) years prior experience in on-site multifamily property management, at least one (1) of which must have been a Property Manager / Community Manager with student housing experience.
● High School degree (or GED)
Preferences (preferred, but not required):
● Professional Designation or Certification indicating property management expertise (e.g., CPM, ARM, CAM, COS, or equivalent designation from a recognized MF industry organization)
● Prior experience in student housing and turn.
● Proficiency with Yardi property management software
● Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, retain, manage, direct, train, motivate and lead both office and maintenance personnel
● Prior experience evaluating employee performance, and coaching and developing team members
● Knowledge student housing marketing, leasing and resident placement.
● Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook, or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
● This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other company officials.
● The job responsibilities of this position may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or work area.
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled