CTM is an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate market. Our proven business strategy combines personalized service excellence with client-facing technology solutions to deliver a return on investment to our customers. Headquartered in Australia, we provide local services solutions to clients across the globe.
Our Denver location anchored the CTM brand in the US in 2012. Through the CTM growth model, we are now a top travel provider in North America with offices and virtual staff coast-to-coast. We are a family of locally-empowered entrepreneurial professionals underpinned by the power and scale of a global industry leader.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Corporate Travel Consultant position effectively manages corporate customers travel arrangements. Booking all air travel, accommodation, car hire, visas (if applicable), ancillary requirements and managing any other travel-related requirements to ensure all journeys are a complete success. This position will work from our office in Seattle, WA. It is not a remote role.
You will be task-focused, know that ‘customer service’ is where your passion lies and excel when working within a team. You will have a diverse client base, so this role will give you the ability to use your good communication skills, in an area of the business that can clearly report on your productivity and service.
Corporate Travel Consultants have career paths to either Team Leaders, Product Support Specialists or Account Managers in the first instance, to give them a solid grounding into other career options within the company. Consultants who are mobile are also encouraged to travel to other locations to fill our vacancies as they arise, whether short or long-term options. We are one company and happy to support staff moving around the business as a win/win.
- Ensure that the CTM Optimum Workflow is followed in our booking flow to avoid errors in the processes undertaken.
- A team approach ensures our success as a business, so you will be required to think ‘team’ and not ‘individual’ when carrying out your work and we ask your team members to think the same.
- Process client requests accurately, in accordance with the system and national procedures.
- Offer professional advice and suggestions to ensure customer’s expectations are met and exceeded.
- Make all reservations in accordance with the client company travel policy, ensuring that their guidelines are not breached, including best pricing options for the client.
- Respond to all telephone requests, email and fax requests within the client-specific turnaround times.
- Maintain understanding and expertise in travel requirements, (i.e. visas, passports and immunization requirements as well as pricing rules, exchange transactions, and procedures) and ensure follow-through to advise clients of those requirements.
- Create travel arrangements including air, hotel and ground transportations and confirm all arrangements (seating, meals, frequent flyers, ticket numbers, etc.).
- Utilize the full facilities offered by:
- Sabre – e.g. queues, saber scripts, hotel/flight/car reservations.
- Travel Management System– e.g. Itineraries, Costings, ensure profiles are up to date, manage Ticket on Hold reports.
- Outlook – e.g. calendar reminders, meetings, e-mail correspondence.
- Offer alternative airfares and itineraries at all times. Ensure the travel arranger/traveler is made aware of special airfares available in the market place that will save their company money.
- Ensure tickets, itineraries and documentation are issued correctly and delivered to the customer on time.
- Process refunds and/or invoices in a timely manner.
- Enter custom fields in air costings for effective/accurate client reporting.
- Attend relevant internal training sessions as identified, run externally and internally to keep your technical and professional knowledge current.
- Ensure a good relationship is developed with the airline, hotel, and car representatives and associated personnel. Utilize these relationships to gain the best service and arrangements for the customer and our company.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards fellow employees, managers, and clients to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work culture.
- Follow company procedures, guidelines, and standards in building PNRs, utilization of tools, productivity, the accuracy of work, and attendance.
- Adhere to customer service delivery standards including telephone etiquette and follow prescribed customer service escalation procedures when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You must have previous consulting experience in Domestic travel (Past experience in Corporate Travel and International travel is preferred)
- Must have good knowledge of Sabre
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner both written and spoken
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Enthusiastic Team Player willing to provide support and training when required
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to thrive under pressure
- Industry knowledge and reservation skills
In addition to a great work environment, CTM offers a comprehensive range of benefits designed to fit your needs. Some of these include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans
- 401k with company match
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Generous vacation plan and numerous paid holidays
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to concurrently talk, hear, and use a computer keyboard while responding to customer inquiries on the telephone. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.