The Senior Safety Specialist is responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring the Daybrook Empire Plant’s Health, Safety, and Environmental risk control initiatives. Evaluates the organization facilities and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions. Coordinates and delivers training for regulatory safety/environmental & compliance, claims management, auditing for compliance with standard operating procedures. The expected results are continued curating of a culture that is compliant with the requirements of the regulatory agency(s) in areas where Daybrook Fisheries operates in order to provide a safe workplace for employees and reduce the financial exposure of the employees and shareholders of the company further supporting business growth in a safe and compliant manner.
Ideal candidates will possess
- BA or BS from an accredited university in a related field
- 5-10 years of experience as Safety Coordinator or above
- 5+ years of work experience in a plant, operational, or warehouse environment
- COSS certification
- First Responder/EMT strongly preferred
Key Performance Area
Specific Measurement Outputs
1. Risk Management
· Develop, implement, train staff and management on, and monitor compliance to Daybrook Safety policies.
· Working knowledge of HSE Policies & Procedures
· Manages, delivers, conducts training and performs audits on Daybrook Fisheries various standard operating procedures (SOP) including the Safety Manual, SDS Manual and other pertinent corporate compliance manuals and initiatives. May receive direction on tasks from supervisor or other managers.
· Foster employee engagement with Daybrook’s “Safety First” initiative.
· Manage First Aid Cabinet & AED program with 3rd party vendor to ensure compliance with OSHA standards
· Represents the company on regulatory issues with government entities.
· Provides leadership and guidance on Daybrook Fisheries incident review committee.
· Provides analysis of significant risk data to management by evaluating the effectiveness of initiatives through safety assessment by compiling and interpreting data to identify gaps.
· Develops and implements action plans as necessary to mitigate risks.
2. Safety and Compliance
· Champions and promotes a strong safety and compliance culture implementing programs to ensure associate safety and company regulatory compliance.
· Conducts incident investigations in conjunction with Department and/or HR Management to partner with insurance carriers to manage claims.
· Participates in activities designed to empower employees to lead safety efforts within the organization.
· Develop and lead DERO (the Daybrook Fisheries Emergency Response Operations) Team.
· Assist Quality & Compliance with internal and externa; audits as required.
· Initiate and complete internal hazard analysis
· Other projects and duties as assigned.
3. Workers Compensation
· Responsible for filing first report of injury for all workers’ comp injuries.
· Work closely with insurance provider to provide Return to Work evaluations when needed
· Maintain and audit injured workers files
· Must maintain the mandatory logs and postings.
· Train Line Managers to perform accident and injury reporting for injuries occurring onsite on 2nd shift.
DAYBROOK FISHERIES, INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled