ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, Vertava Health is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel - Healthcare Operations and Corporate Development. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with employment law and team member relations issues.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Human Resources (People) function to investigate, address, and provide advice on a variety of team member disputes.
- Review and analysis of all the Company’s business and operations to ensure compliance with Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA, and any other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Work directly with business counterparts to identify legal risks and compliance issues arising in day-to-day operations, contractual matters, and transactions.
- Counsel management team on proposed arrangements, transactions, and complex legal matters.
- Review, negotiate, and draft a wide range of healthcare and commercial agreements, including asset purchase agreements, physician and executive employment agreements, real estate leases, payor agreements, and professional services agreements.
- Manage and coordinate matters with outside counsel to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide advice on corporate governance matters.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- JD degree from an ASA-accredited institution
- Member in good standing of at least one State Bar or the District of Columbia.
- 5+ plus years of experience in health care law, with a particular strength in healthcare employment law
- Experience and expertise in all applicable health care laws and regulations (including Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, HIPPA, etc.) is required
- Strong sense of ethics with impeccable integrity
- Practical, hands on and self-motivated
- Research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills
- The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, but within a team framework
- The ability to be timely and responsive to a high volume of requests
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative are essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company, including senior executives
- Proficient and independent with technical (computer/word processing) skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled