Intermediate Developers are independent, resourceful, and enjoy working as part of a team to learn, teach, and constantly look for ways to improve the company’s software. In this role, you will work on a system that facilitates connections between businesses and their customers, through a combination of appointments, lobby queuing, and third party integrations. Additionally, this role actively and excitedly takes part in various discussions surrounding design, code reviews, and best practices. Intermediate Developers have a strong knowledge and understanding of the outputs required at the development level and actively support Junior Developers by sharing knowledge and helping to support ongoing learning opportunities at all levels of development. In this role, you will begin to learn more about the outcomes necessary at the organizational level and how those outputs impact Coconut’s development strategy and goals.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Work with design approach principles and understand how best to apply them
- Focus on outputs and high level outcomes pertaining to customer stories and epics
- Actively participant in new team & new customer onboarding & training (constructing, testing, operating the software)
- Identify problems and propose solutions within the software
- Focus on operational excellence
- Provide useful code reviews for changes submitted by others
- Deliver consistently high quality work - secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient)
- Improve the teams development & testing processes
- Work hands on with a talented team of developers
- Work with and refine your knowledge of web based applications
- Resolve technical challenges related to calendaring
- Work with a degree of autonomy and deliver incredible solutions with minimal guidance
- Adapt quickly to changes in business requirements
- Define, design, and implement object-oriented distributed software applications
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job
- Collaborate, Collaborate, Collaborate!
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations / ideas on design projects
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Experience writing / working with REST and associated technologies (JWT, JWE, JSON-API, etc)
- Experience in object-oriented programming, preferably (but not restricted to) PHP
- Experience in server-side software development (Laravel)
- Experience working with command line interfaces
- Understand the concepts behind/practice with TDD
- Interest in utilizing best practices when building integrations to third party systems
- Interest in developing a security first mentality
- MariaDB (MySQL) experience
- Critical thinker with keen problem-solving skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Proven focus on ongoing learning & professional development
- Solid understanding of CI pipelines
- Self-driven & highly motivated
- Proficient with container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Results oriented & analytical with a strong customer & business focus
WHO IS COCONUT SOFTWARE?
Coconut Software is a venture backed Enterprise Customer Engagement Platform that is trusted by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatchewan by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With company perks like cabana days (paid time off on top of vacation) and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to take the next step in your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Share.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Flex time and ability to work remote
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor