Reporting to the Manager of Technical Support, the Technical Writer is responsible for marrying the engineering, product and customer success worlds by creating a rich database of technical documentation.
In this contract role you will be responsible for creating, updating and managing our extensive collection of technical and product documentation. You're the ideal candidate if you're an excellent writer who is also a design thinker and customer champion. You love using words to tell stories and to solve problems and you’re adept at taking complex technical lingo and boiling it down to something accessible to the masses. You're happy crafting compelling material and helpful error messages and content. You're excited to work in a fast-paced, high-tech environment and on a team that are talented, results-driven self-starters who are able to collaborate effectively and thrive in an environment with a high level of autonomy.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets the needs of the target audience(s), turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Manage the documentation process, including the creation, edition, versioning, proofreading and publishing of customer facing documentation
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Work closely with Product Managers and Tech Leads to research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content
- Develop guidelines for maximum content usability with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write product documentation
- Conduct Help Centre audit and ensure it stays up to date
- Analyze Help Centre activity and usage to present the findings to the Product team
- Help maintain internal knowledge base to help Coconut staff find necessary product information
- Implement tool vocabulary to explain the app specific terminology
- Help Product team with creating and maintaining in-app training materials
- Work closely with Customer Experience team to analyze educational requests, identify and address the gaps in the content to promote self-serve support options for how-to questions
- 1-3 years experience in creating software documentation for a technical and non technical audience
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Excellent project management & time management skills
- Analytical skills and ability to manipulate the data
- Demonstrate a clear process for developing written documentation
- Aptitude to learn new applications, tools, technologies, and processes quickly and independently
- Experience and understanding of best practices in technical writing
- Recent and relevant work experience, SAAS experience a strong asset
- Experience with documentation tools
- Ability to collaborate and react quickly to feedback.
- Degree in English, Professional or Technical Writing, Journalism, Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field an asset
- Ability or willingness to work CST hours
WHO IS COCONUT SOFTWARE?
Coconut Software is a venture backed Enterprise Customer Engagement Platform that is trusted by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatchewan by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With great company perks and a hardworking team, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to continue to take the next step in your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Opportunity to work from home or remote
- Flex time
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- A People First Company - 4.6 rating on Glassdoor