The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing personable, professional, administrative, and managerial support for the Campus and Teaching Pastor, Ministerial Staff, and church office. They will provide administrative support to the ministries of The Church at West Franklin for the sake of accomplishing department-specific and overall church goals.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
• Greet the public, answer the telephone and door.
• Be competent in switching between tasks (i.e., computer input and people interruptions)
• Process incoming and outgoing mail (bills, invoices, tithe receipts, etc.)
• Receive scheduled deliveries and allow repairmen access to building during work hours.
• Serve as hospitality for the West Franklin Office Suite.
• Ensure accurate church records are maintained, including attendance (input and print rolls), membership (Ministry Platform), baptismal, marriage, newsletter or special mailing lists, etc.
• Maintain current lists of members who are in the hospital, special prayer requests, deaths, births and other important events. Communicate with Minister on Call & Deacons of the Week. Input pertinent Care Cases into Mobile Tools.
• Assist in maintaining first time guests and new member on-boarding.
• Weekly work with lay leaders, volunteers and church members to inform them of pertinent details or changes from the monthly calendar of events.
• Order office supplies and maintain office agreements/contracts as it relates to the church office.
• Order coffee supplies as needed for Coffee Bar.
• Maintain church master calendar of events, inputting key dates, special and recurring events in event scheduling program.
• Maintain communications grid, ensure key events are posted on social media, and update podcast ads.
• Serve as primary and initial contact for internal and external events, weddings, funerals, etc.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for external events when necessary or assigned by the staff.
• Maintain an office atmosphere that is clean and orderly on a consistent basis.
• Receive, count, secure, deposit and keep accurate records of weekly tithes, offerings and miscellaneous deposits.
• Report status of individual ministry budgets on a monthly basis at a weekly staff meeting – specifically if expenditures exceed budget allowances.
• Prepare and maintain quarterly reports for the church
o Ministry Scope & Summary
o West Franklin/South Region Scorecard
o Quarterly membership vote
• Prepare and process check requests for invoices and reimbursements.
• Reconcile credit card statements for all West Franklin ministers.
General Ministry Support for Campus and Teaching Pastor & Ministerial Staff
• Protect the Campus & Teaching Pastor’s time for prayer, study, sermon preparation, leadership development, and writing.
• Handle calendaring for the Campus & Teaching Pastor (i.e., appointments in Microsoft Outlook).
• When requested, check and respond to daily emails and voicemails.
• Facilitate communication and edit all print materials to and from the Campus & Teaching Pastor.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
• Attend quarterly all-staff meetings held at the Brentwood campus
• Attend West Franklin campus staff meetings
• Handle requests from Central Support as it relates to The Church at West Franklin
• West Franklin Staff Meetings: Plan ahead & help prepare. Record general conversation, assignments, and output during meeting. Email notes to staff.
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS: In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
• Manages details, tasks and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
• Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must do” priorities when necessary
• Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
• Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
• Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
• Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
• Self-directed and proactive, level of supervision required is appropriate
• Is willing to take on additional responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
• Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
• Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
• Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
• Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH necessary to be successful in this role
• Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
• Maintains appropriate gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future growth.
• Detail-oriented with strong gifts in administration
• Excellent relational skills
• Takes initiative
• Pleasant phone manner
• Responds to phone calls, emails, and other messages in a timely manner
• Exhibits a high level of trust and confidentiality
• Must meet BBC benchmark for computer competency
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Preferred Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university. Minimum of two years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled