Client Service Representative
Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Corporate Service team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
As part of the Corporate Service team, the Client Service Representative will use their communication, attention to detail and problem-solving abilities to create long-lasting relationships with Payworks’ corporate clients. You will receive and process payroll information on behalf of clients and/or support clients in processing their own payroll using the Payworks system. In addition, you will manage clients with needs spanning across a combination of products, including Payroll, HR and Employee Time Management solutions. The successful candidate will be an empathetic, dynamic and energetic individual who is able to effectively manage client expectations while promoting a high level of service and support in their response to enquiries.
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
- Build client relationships – Payworks takes pride in delivering superior client service to businesses across Canada. You will apply your experience and knowledge to provide clients with advice and guidance on the Payworks product as well as payroll legislation. With a focus on long-term relationship building, you will uncover client needs using effective probing techniques, active listening and communication skills.
- Support great products – Using the product input requirements specific to each client, you will enter information and data to maintain integrity that affects the product efficiency and reliability. Your keen attention to detail will be needed as you administer changes to company set-up, input payroll data and analyze weekly scheduled payroll. Using the information you gather, you will progress and determine appropriate actions to be taken to ensure continuity of payroll processing while balancing multiple client commitments.
- Work with a team – In addition to assuming full responsibility and ownership of incoming client calls, emails and projects independently, you will be part of a bigger picture to ensure complete client satisfaction with full support from your leader and colleagues on the phone queue. Take initiative to foster relationships as a trusted partner for primary business contact(s), ensuring they are well-trained and comfortable using Payworks products, and act as a liaison to the appropriate internal team when issues or opportunities arise from client enquiries.
- Enhance your career – We are committed to providing opportunities for personal growth and development that encourage our people to excel and make a real difference throughout their career journey. We will provide a solid training experience to set you up for success!
- Previous customer service and/or payroll experience.
- Strong technical skills with a proficiency in systematically using Payworks products and systems.
- Basic product knowledge on workforce management solutions (Payroll, HR, TM and HR).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Strong team building skills and the desire to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate resourcefulness in the use of available tools and support.
- Experience adapting to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and sudden or frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives.
- Strong analytical, organizational and logical problem-solving skills.
- PCP Certification or related studies, or equivalent combination of education and experience, would be considered an asset.
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Client Service Representative reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work remotely, in the office or on a hybrid work model. Individuals working in the office and/or conducting in-person business operations must be fully vaccinated. Anyone unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a protected ground set out in applicable provincial Human Rights Legislation may request an accommodation.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position