This position involves the performance of cleaning and minor maintenance/repairs of District buildings and equipment using proper methods, materials, and equipment. The direction is received from a supervisor in the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain entry areas and sidewalks. Assist in cleaning kitchen equipment and operating dish machine. Clean tables and counters. Ensure kitchen and dining areas are clean and sanitary.
- Wash windows; change light bulbs; empty waste cans; polish furniture; dust woodwork, furniture, shelving, etc.; hang pictures; clean sink-traps; sweep; vacuum floors; maintain loading areas by cleaning concrete surface and trash receptacles.
- Notify supervisor of issues for work orders. Report inventory of custodial and miscellaneous supplies.
- Clean, sanitize, and deodorize restrooms and replenish supplies.
- Prepare rooms for functions according to event plans. Move building furniture and equipment.
- Assist staff in setting and clearing tables, and bringing food items, service wares, and supplies to kitchen from coolers and stockroom. May receive stock item deliveries from vendors.
- Maintain inventory levels of allotted food and beverage products daily.
- Pick up trash and dispose of recycling. Place all trash and recycling in appropriate receptacles and dumpsters.
- May conduct cleaning inspections at assigned building(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: April 1 - Nov. 30; Actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekends and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
Location of Work: The District operates multiple locations. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
Related Experience: One (1) year experience as a custodian/bus-boy or similar in a bar, restaurant, or hospitality industry at a high-volume establishment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special training or other licenses, certification, etc.: Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; must have a valid Driver's License.
Skills in: Performing routine cleaning and maintenance tasks; operating dish machine, power washers, sweepers, and related equipment; managing multiple tasks and deadlines; understanding and following verbal and written instructions; establishing and maintaining effective relationships; communicating effectively; maintaining simple inventory records and writing maintenance reports
Knowledge of: Cleaning and maintenance methods, materials, and equipment; occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.