ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
Are you looking for a role where you will truly make a difference and contribute to a growing industry in Canada? ECO Canada is looking for a performance-driven individual to join the team immediately. Reporting to the Event Management Lead, the successful candidate will have a passion for the environment and expertise in event coordination.
As a key member of the Marketing, Communications, Events, and Sales team, the Events Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with event organization, logistics, and stakeholder engagement. While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of their ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
- Assist in organizing facilities and event logistical details (virtual and in-person).
- Work with ECO’s management team to organize and execute sponsorship for events.
- Use creativity to market events to various media, corporations, and other interest groups.
- Assist in sourcing and managing vendors, overseeing the onboarding process, creating the layout, timelines, and other detail-oriented plans.
- Help to plan and coordinate entertainment for virtual and in-person events.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with speakers, subject matter experts, vendors, and service providers.
- Support external event activities required when ECO Canada is a sponsor or internal staff attends.
- Prepare correspondence and make presentations in relation to events, when required.
- Organize the registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional materials, and publicize events.
- Help create content and manage our social media platforms to promote events and provide communication through our platforms.
- Supervise, support, and manage event volunteers.
- Coordinate all event-related activities, including various logistics such as vendors, displays, audiovisual equipment, security, etc.
- Creatively solicit event sponsorships (cash and in-kind).
- Prepare reports and make recommendations for future events.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interact positively with a diverse range of people such as donors, clients, vendors, suppliers, staff members, volunteers, and marginalized diverse communities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a customer-centric mindset.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethical business conduct.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interest in the environmental sector
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in event coordination/planning or fundraising.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), as well as Zoom, GoToWebinar, Shopify, and Absorb.
- Familiar with various social media platforms
- Excellent command of the English language, with a strong emphasis on written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in the environmental sector is an asset.
- Bilingual (French) a definite asset
This role is a temporary contract position until March 31, 2024.
ECO Canada offers the opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement (minimum 3 days per week at the Calgary office and the option to work remotely for the remaining 2 days).
If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible, and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
ECO Canada is dedicated to recruiting and retaining employees from diverse backgrounds. By recognizing and valuing a diverse workforce, we are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable. ECO Canada will always seek to hire the most qualified candidate for a position based on character, competency, compatibility, and commitment.
In the spirit of respect and truth, we honour and acknowledge Moh'kinsstis and the traditional Treaty 7 territory of the Blackfoot confederacy: Siksika, Kainai, Piikani as well as the Stoney Nakoda and Tsuut'ina nations. We acknowledge the members of the Metis community and specifically, the Métis Nation Region Three. Finally in the spirit of reconciliation and because we are all treaty people, we also acknowledge all Calgarians who make our homes in the traditional Treaty 7 territory of Southern Alberta.