Reports to: Senior Financial Analyst
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE: The Development team drives the growth of Vertava Health through de novo startups and acquisitions of smaller practices. The team is growing quickly so you’ll need to be comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced setting. The main focus of the role will be calling potential acquisition targets to extend the company value proposition, and passing qualified leads to the Chief Development Officer. You will support the entire acquisition execution process, including financial modeling, building presentations, and participating in calls. The junior team is expected to develop an informed view of the market and provide input to strategic decision making. This will be a valuable experience for anyone looking to start a career in M&A and corporate development.
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Development Associate who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
Priority responsibilities include:
- Analyze, value, and propose potential acquisition opportunities
- Identify and contact (cold call) all leads
- Conduct research and analysis to assess the competitive landscape, trends, strategic fit, and potential risks of proposed acquisitions
- Develop and maintain dashboards and presentations that track and analyze M&A activity
- Assist in the development of financial models to value potential opportunities
- Manage the M&A pipeline and coordinate communication with internal and external stakeholders
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or another related field
- 0-2 years of experience (M&A experience is a plus)
- Technologically savvy- ability to learn new technologies (EMR/EHRs)
- Positive attitude, proactive mentality, responsive and strong work ethic
- Agility, adaptability, and innovation are must haves
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually
- Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment is primarily indoors and climate controlled
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled