Concierge (ref 1031)
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you! Eldorado Resort is currently looking for a seasonal Concierge.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at all our sister properties
- A fun work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, collaboration and guest excellence.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
- Affordable Staff Housing in central Kelowna
The Concierge - Guest Experience is responsible for generating awareness about Resort activities, events and services available as well as coordinating, planning and assist in delivery of daily activities and events in an effective and engaging manner.
The Concierge team is the information center for our guests, regardless of whether inquiries concern in-hotel or off-premises attractions, facilities, services, or activities. This position is instrumental in enhancing the guest’s resort experience, including the VIP arrival and departure and ensuring every guest stay will become a memorable experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that VIP guest receive and elevated experience by for example delivering welcome amenities and other welcome packages such as fruit bowls and breakfast items stocked in fridges.
- Coordinate with all Managers and Supervisors of Front Office to ensure that daily Guest Service Operations run smoothly
- Attend to all guest inquires in a professional and helpful manner
- Serve as the guest liaison for both hotel and non-hotel services
- Acts an ambassador of the resort and knows all amenities, events, and services available. Makes reservations and obtains tickets for flights, the theatre, or special events.
- Ensure all arriving VIP guests rooms are set up with welcome amenities as required and confirmed with Front Office team for check-in
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all groups and VIPs in terms of arrival, stay and departure requirements
- Plan, coordinate and organize daily Resort activities/entertainment on a rotational schedule 7 days a week to enhance the Resort experience.
- As part of the Concierge team assist the extended Guest Service team, including Front Desk and Bell in the lobby as required
- Maintain effective communication with all related departments to ensure a smooth service delivery
- Maintain good working relationship with all Rooms Division colleagues with particular emphasis on
- Know all the emergency procedures and general crisis management, including fire and emergency procedures, ensuring guest and colleagues safety is followed by all team members
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and colleagues’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment in line with the Green Key Program.
- Other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will be well versed in Guest Relations and hotel operations with excellent presentation and communication skills as well as a high aptitude for customer care.
- Proactive mindset, with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character.
- Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player
- Attention to detail and organizational skills with a passion for Guest Experience
- Strong knowledge of the Okanagan region and Tourism
- Previous Hotel experience, preferably in Guest Services.
- Hospitality Management Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Computer literate and knowledge of Opera is an asset.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position