Chemical Operator Job Description
We are searching for a Chemical Operator who possesses a solid understanding of chemical processes and mechanics. The Chemical Operator can expect to work as an integral part of the production team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighing, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during chemical processes, and repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes. They will also be expected to comply with all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations and report any concerns, violations, or accidents.
To be successful, you should be professional with a strong understanding of chemical and mechanical processes; attentive, knowledgeable and have the desire to work with the rest of the team.
Ideal candidate will have experience or knowledge of chemical refining and electronic scrap.
- Storing, retrieving, mixing, and monitoring chemicals used in the production process
- Recording information, such as ingredients, weights, and temperature, and imputing into the database
- Troubleshooting issues with production equipment and processes Observing all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations
- Reporting accidents, safety violations, or other concerns Assisting in planning and improving processes
- Meeting physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, operating tools, and wearing safety gear
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with forklifts may be preferred or required Understanding chemistry may be preferred or required
- Aptitude for mechanics
- Computer literacy
- Strong verbal skills
- A desire to work with the team to improve processes in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations including wearing protective and safety gear