Job Location: Washington, DC
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a Task Order Action Officer.
• Oversee the performance, schedule and deliverables to ensure it matches intent; including conducting compliance checks on all Cerner deliverables to ensure that the deliverable meets the requirements as outlined.
• Ensure compliance to deliverable schedule and communicate preliminary VA recommendations.
• Develop a deliverable requirements traceability matrix to ensure all Cerner deliverables are accurately checked against the current contract requirements.
• Provide programmatic support to key strategic efforts by maintaining cross-cutting programmatic reporting.
• Measure progress and status, including project gate completion by tracking metrics.
• Manage outreach to senior management approval or rejection of contract deliverables.
• Facilitate key takeaways and communicate weekly status updates to senior management.
• Develop briefings on topics pertaining to VA electronic health record solution, including Executive status briefings, Course of Action briefings, other decision briefings.
• Identify risks, issues and develop mitigation strategies related to scope, schedule and cost elements across multiple workstreams.
• Monitor deficiencies in contract deliverables and provide actionable feedback to ensure plans align to the contractual scope.
• Communicate key information on topics such as program status, risks, action items, technical challenges, milestones across functional and technical areas of the program.
• Work under deadline and in close contact with senior government and contract leadership.
• Develop and maintain internal document management policies, standard operating procedures, business process diagrams, and strategic plans.
• 10+ years of professional work experience
• Strong leadership, written/oral communications, analysis, data gathering and organization skills
• Experience managing Information Technology related projects
• Well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies
• Experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress
• Able to identify and mitigate risks
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline or an additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
• Experience in the VA
• Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
EXECUTIVE PERSONNEL SERVICES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled