The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing professional administrative support for the Lead Campus Pastor to the North Region (Davidson County) of the church, as well as his role and responsibilities as the Campus & Teaching Pastor at the Avenue South regional campus. This
person will also work closely with the Associate Executive Pastor of the North Region, and provide
support as needed to the ministerial staff at the Avenue South campus.
- Keep office hours from approximately 8:00am until 5:00pm, Monday – Friday in the physical office while Fridays are appropriate virtually.
- Serve as the church receptionist, greeting the public and answer the telephone and door.
- Weekly work with lay leaders, volunteers and church members to inform them of pertinent details or changes from this monthly calendar of events.
- Monthly, or as necessary, initiate contact with the facility’s representative to the landlord, as a means of maintaining open communication and healthy dialogue (i.e. building and parking lot usage, etc)
- Process all incoming requests from outside groups to use the facility. If a decision is made to host the event, ensure all details and information is consistently communicated to the outside group.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, including creating meeting agendas, follow up notes, and any other deliverables that the Campus and Teaching Pastor would like distributed.
- Assist in maintaining accurate church records, including attendance, membership, baptismal, marriage, newsletter or special mailing lists, etc.
- Weekly work alongside the Discipleship Minister as well as the Connection & Missions Minister to accomplish various tasks and responsibilities that may require assistance.
- Weekly monitor the office and administrative supplies as it relates to the operations of the church office, and order these resources as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and orderly general office area at the church.
- Attend monthly All-Staff Meetings and Quarterly Staff meetings held at the Brentwood campus
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external events when necessary or assigned by the staff.
- Maintain an office atmosphere that is clean and orderly on a consistent basis. 1 Cor. 14:40 (“everything must be done decently and in order”)
- Other duties as assigned by the pastoral staff.
Lead Campus Pastor Support
- Handle calendaring for the Lead Campus Pastor (i.e. appointments in Microsoft Outlook, arranging travel logistics, etc.).
- Check and respond daily to emails in the Lead Campus Pastor’s Outlook inbox, as well as voicemails.
- Communicate, as requested by the Lead Campus Pastor, with the Administrative Assistants at the three additional North Region campuses (Davidson County).
- Attend any meetings or training sessions (at Avenue South or Brentwood Campus) as needed or required by the Lead Campus Pastor.
- Provide administrative support for the Lead Campus Pastor’s expenditures and receipts.
- Work closely with the Brentwood Baptist Church business office with maintaining the Avenue South’s general ledger and records, including preparation of reports as necessary.
- Keep accurate records and report the status of individual ministers and their ministry budgets on a monthly basis, including all capital expenses.
- Inquire and/or follow-up on issues relative to vendors or billings upon the request of the Associate Executive Pastor, Business Manager, or any other appropriate staff.
- Receive scheduled deliveries and allow repairmen access to facilities during regularly scheduled work hours.
- Maintain credit card statements, including collection of receipts and coding to specific digital accounts for the Lead Campus Pastor, Associate Executive Pastor of North Region, Discipleship Minister, Connections & Missions Minister, Preschool & Children’s Minister and the Worship Minister.
This position will require approximately 40 hours per week year round. However, the office is closed on Fridays, so this position will fulfill these hours in office from Monday through Thursday, with the option of working virtually on Fridays.
Special Talents or Abilities
Experience in organizational and administrative tasks. Computer literate and accurate typing, 55+ wpm. Organizational skills and detail-oriented. Pleasant phone manner. Basic understanding of people and how to tactfully handle and keep confidentiality with potentially sensitive and difficult situations. Dependable, discreet, friendly, professional and neat. Good with figures and excels at basic mathematical skills. Assertive and intuitively able to work in advance of tasks to address them prior to deadlines.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled