We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Capital News Centre is a leading sporting facility that is the focal point for minor and adult sports with two NHL size ice surfaces, a seasonal leisure ice surface, and two full-size indoor turf fields right in the heart of the Okanagan. This facility is also equipped with a wide range of amenities and services such as a full-service restaurant (Boomer’s Bar & Grill), concessions, commercially leased spaces that house a variety of businesses including Mission Fitness, Lifemark Health Group, Okanagan Regional Library, and home to many different leagues and premier tournaments.
We’re currently looking for 3-4 part-time Servers who will be working out of Boomers Bar & Grill to help with some of the busy nights and provide our customers with a positive food & beverage experience.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
Day in the Life:
- Have a working knowledge of all food and beverage products we offer.
- Report for work at scheduled time and sign in and out appropriately.
- Know and abide by our service guidelines and expectations
- Have proper knowledge of the use and operation of all departmental controls.
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being stocked.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all food and liquor as well as service procedures.
- Have knowledge of entire menu items including taste, presentation and preparation time.
- Be knowledgeable in all payment methods and how to settle them.
- Promote teamwork by looking for ways to assist fellow employees.
- Thoroughly understand Square POS procedures.
- Ensure quality of product before presenting to guest
- Ensure all needed items and utensils are supplied for menu item ordered.
- Have knowledge of all cash reconciliation procedures.
- Other duties as requested by General Manager.
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- A friendly and professional manner
You Own This if You Have:
- Experience using Square POS system a plus!
- Valid Serving it Right certification
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Perks, Benefits, and Other Cool Stuff:
- Ample free parking and easy transit connection
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
Capital News Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position