A long term care skilled Nursing facility located in Bronx, NY is actively seeking a Director of Engineering Services to join our dynamic team of professionals!
Duties and Responsibilities for a Director of Engineering Services include:
The primary purpose is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. As the Director of Maintenance, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school educations or its equivalent.
- Must have, as a minimum, 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity in maintenance/plant related position.
- Must be knowledgeable of boilers, compressors, generators, etc., as well as various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be knowledgeable in building codes and safety regulations.
- Must be licensed in accordance with current applicable standards, codes, labor laws, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
- Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing maintenance functions, in the long-term care facility.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
We are an EOE