Senior Financial Accountant
Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market.Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects
We are currently looking for Senior Financial Accountant. This person will be responsible for
- Support the month-end closing including, but not limited to analysis, variance reports, reconciliations, and journal entries
- Responsible for quarterly preparation of consolidated statement of cash flows working in conjunction with subsidiary business partners
- Assist in the quarterly and annual footnote preparation
- Work cross-functionally with other functions towards organizational goals and ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements
- Review and recommend implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline the financial reporting process
- Other projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related is required, CPA or masters-level accounting preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Fortune 1000 company experience preferred
- Experience with manufacturing/distribution company preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP principles and guidance (e.g. ASC 230 SOCF)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience working
within ERP systems
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX2012 a plus
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative, highly motivated
- Demonstrated performance in dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Attention to details and accuracy, high intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and sustain a high level of performance while working remotely as needs arise
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Hydrofarm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position