This position has been upgraded to Full-time and will split time between 2 of our properties; SCP Depoe Bay & Salishan Coastal Lodge
Maintenance is primarily responsible for performing a variety of work in the
maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment. S/He will
promote a safe working environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest
satisfaction. General Maintenance will work with supervisors, inspectors, and
department heads to ensure maximum efficiency and safety.
General Maintenance shall strive to
provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times.
S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Brand Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all
departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
● Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use
● Use equipment only as intended.
● Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge
all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
● Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
● Perform general repairs in maintenance related disciplines,
including but not limited to carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, electrical, and
● Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the
facilities including guest rooms, public areas, etc.
● Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and
established hotel area downtimes in order to minimize inconveniencing guests.
● Effectively interact with department managers.
● Respond to guest room calls as required.
● Ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
● Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned.
● Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment
are in complete readiness for service.
● Conduct inspections for preventative maintenance needs.
● Maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels.
● Ensure security,
cleanliness, preventive maintenance, and repair of engineering tools, equipment
and safety features, according to established procedures and within
● Promote sanitation, safety, security efforts, and guest
services of the Hotel.
● Follow hotel policy with lost/stolen items.
● Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/team member accidents
or injuries and in emergency situations.
● Participate in the Hotel’s Emergency Evacuation Team.
● Participate in OSHA/Safety Programs within the hotel through
awareness in everyday job functions.
The associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other
duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent
Five years of hands-on experience
working on electrical, painting, plumbing, A/C, refrigeration repairs
Vast knowledge of
repairing/replacing plumbing systems, HVAC equipment, refrigeration, and kitchen
Knowledge of swimming pool
maintenance and chemicals
Experience working with heavy
machinery and tools
Fluency in other languages
Must be a United States citizen or
possess a valid work permit
Must be able to read, write, and
Must have exceptional communication
skills when interacting
Must be able to accurately follow
instructions, both verbally and written
Must be able to read blueprints
Must have general computer skills
including Microsoft Word and Excel
Must be detailed orientated and work
well under pressure
Must be able to work in a fast-paced
Must be professional in appearance
Ability to work a flexible schedule
that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
Must have the ability to deal
effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
Must have the ability to resolve
problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
Must have the ability to obtain
and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates, or permits
Must have a passion for creating an
exceptional experience for all guests
Must have excellent guest and
associate relations skills. Skilled in problem-solving by identifying the
problem and working through it.
Possess strong motivational,
organizational and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to stand up and move about the
facility for the majority of shift
Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push
& pull up to 50 lbs
Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine
manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and squeezing
& overhead reaching occasionally.
Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push,
pull, walk on uneven surfaces on a frequent basis
Must be able to frequently handle objects and
equipment to maintain the facility
Must be able to walk outside in a variety of
weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
Must be able to climb stairs occasionally, both
indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, heat)
Must be able to work in variable room
Must be able to work with loud noises
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties to be performed by this team member. He or she will be required to follow other
instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Soul Community Planet is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled