Miller-Keystone Blood Center is an independent, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) community organization that serves as the only blood and immunohematology reference service provider to 28 hospitals in Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Dauphin, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, and Schuylkill (PA), and Hunterdon and Warren (NJ) counties.
Our team at MKBC focuses on our mission to save lives by partnering with our community to provide a continuous supply of blood products and services. The core values Integrity, Passion, Trust, and Customer Centricity have made MKBC one of the nation’s best-regarded, highly experienced blood centers, and our history of compliance with FDA requirements demonstrates our commitment to quality and service excellence.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and passionate professional to join our team in the Immunohematology Reference Laboratory where we provide quality blood banking services to our community hospitals.
- Perform routine through complex red cell antibody identification and resolution, antigen typing, hemoglobin S testing and procurement of special and rare units, platelet antibody screening and cross-matching.
- Provide written reports and verbal consultation and transfusion recommendations to our hospitals.
- Responsible for quality control, equipment maintenance, training, equipment, and assay evaluation and validation.
- Required to have the ability to multi-task, work independently and operate office and telecommunication equipment.
Monday through Friday; 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm with
overnight/weekend/holiday on- call
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in Science AND MLT certificate
- BB or SBB preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical laboratory experience in Blood Banking
Miller-Keystone Blood Center is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Miller-Keystone Blood Center is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled