Medical Office Assistant
HealthPointe is a unique interdisciplinary healthcare clinic that
provides patients with highly efficient, one-location access to a specialized
medical team for accurate diagnosis and on-site advanced treatment options for
neck and back pain patients.
HealthPointe Medical Centre is currently looking for a full-time Medical administrative assistant. The ideal candidate will be entrusted with making a great impression. The candidate must have a professional, positive attitude, strong customer service skills, and a unique ability to make everyone feel welcome. The individual must multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, have excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs patients; answers routine inquiries; maintains a log of inquiries as required.
- Books appointments into the scheduling system using the appropriate process for differing treatments and patients.
- Schedules or assist in scheduling patient appointments, physician and nursing staff, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position
- Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to clinic staff
- Performs a variety of routine typing assignments as appropriate to the position; may operate a personal computer to draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; types and mails form letters.
- Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may oversee the day-to-day operation of the copy machine; may prepare and transmit facsimiles for the unit.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
- May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
- Orders, stock, and distribute office and medical supplies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Completion of an Office Administration course
- Minimum 2 years of MOA experience
- Strong knowledge and use of Computers (Word, Excel, Email)
- Strong word processing and/or data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.