As Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary financial accounting team, overseeing the accounting records of multiple legal entities, and providing support across a variety of functions including treasury, accounts payable, financial analysis, and forecasting. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will train and motivate accounting employees, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
- Lead, coach, and develop employees to support an engaged and service-minded financial accounting team, modeling the company’s Core Values of Empowerment, Leadership, Excellence, and Care.
- Manage team performance by setting clear expectations towards accomplishing professional goals; identify and address performance and/or skill gaps and organize training and development activities under the guidance of the Director of Finance.
- Prepare and review journal entries, monthly/quarterly reporting packages, and month-end reconciliation schedules, including HST reconciliations and intercompany balance reviews.
- Monitor and analyze the accounting data maintained in the Company’s ERP systems, including the general ledger, in order to ensure timely and accurate accounting records that are in compliance with IFRS.
- Oversee the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes for the assigned entities.
- Support the quarterly and annual external financial reporting process.
- Ensure that internal controls over financial reporting are operating effectively.
- Support treasury, cash management, and banking functions.
- Assist in the design and implementation of features and procedures to enhance the finance team’s workflow, including systems implementations and other special projects.
- Support audit requests during the Company’s year-end audit and quarterly interim reviews.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA) with 5+ years of experience in full-cycle accounting, including accounts payable and treasury exposure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while managing competing deadlines with a high degree of responsiveness.
- Proven track record of managing change with strong process improvement/implementation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Great Plains and NetSuite would be an asset
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.