Senior Talent Buyer
Senior Talent Buyer
We’ve created quite the buzz when we announce our lineups for our many events throughout the year. We do our best to make this look effortless to the community, but it takes a lot of planning and hard work to bring quality and diverse talent here to the Lehigh Valley. That’s where you come in! ArtsQuest is hiring a Senior Talent Buyer that gets to handle much of the programming, booking, and promotion of our many venues and events.
What you’ll do
Our Sr. Talent Buyer handles concert booking, show preparation, as well as support for promotions, supervision of show staff and volunteers, and ensuring a great guest experience at ArtsQuest concerts. Partnering closely with our Programming, Production, Marketing, Operations, Hospitality and Food Service teams you’ll manage ArtsQuest’s music programming presentations in a truly collaborative team environment.
- Program, book, and promote multiple festival events including Musikfest, the Blast Furnace Blues Festival, Slainte, One Earth Reggae Fest, hundreds of shows and events per year across venues including the Musikfest Café, the Fowler Blast Furnace Room, Levitt Pavilion including the Yuengling Summer Series
- Lead buyer for the Musikfest Café, a concert venue of 470 seats to 1,000 capacity. Program, book and promote more than one hundred concerts and events in the Musikfest Café on an annual basis
- Oversee programs and meet annual program goals for revenue, attendance, DEIB efforts, pricing, genre diversity, and emerging artist representation
- Maintain strong relationships with agents, promoters, musicians, and music industry professionals as well as representatives from local schools, performing arts organizations and others that will help support our mission.
- Venue-wide calendar management for all ticketed shows as well as public and private events
- Negotiate all contractual agreements and execute agency-issued contracts and any in-house room rental contracts partnering with our Hospitality team
- Manage artist payouts, outgoing agency deposits, and incoming rental deposits
- Maintain marketing and production budgets with Finance, Marketing and Box Office
- Liaison to Volunteer-led programming committees
- Hire, train, and manage and contract show staff and interns
What you’ll need to thrive
- 3-5 years of music industry talent-buying experience and major agency contacts
- Knowledge of local and national music and performing arts
- Experience planning and coordinating events for a community-based arts organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact well with a broad range of individuals including professional musicians, partner organizations, and volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and holidays when needed.
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities.
Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center, and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest's programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
- Medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance
- 403(b)-retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and sick time
- Discounts on select organizational programs and events
ArtsQuest demonstrates its Core Values of: Serve our Communities, Be Curious, Act Generously, Be Transparent and Find Joy in all aspects of our culture. It is our goal to maintain these values to consistently deliver exceptional experiences to our employees and our community.
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and the organization's achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees' characteristics that make them unique because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.