The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates and oversees all hotel operations, ensuring quality service is provided within the established business plan and budget.
- Conducts daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact, to include pre-arrival, check-in/check-out, food & beverage, housekeeping, laundry, and banquets.
- Greets and welcomes guests.
- Anticipates and resolves guest complaints quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
- Inspects facilities to ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Coordinates services with outside suppliers, vendors, travel agencies, and event planners.
- Prepares hotel for groups and relays information to team members.
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Partners with GM to create a positive work environment; serves as a support resource for front line staff in all departments.
- Ensures hotel staff wears the proper uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree required.
- Prior management experience in hospitality.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- RoomKey, Aloha POS, and HotSchedules experience preferred.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This position operates in a hotel setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
Physical Environmental Demands:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.