Hotel Hospitality Guest Room Attendant
Located in Churchill, Manitoba, the polar bear and beluga whale capital of the world, the Tundra Inn is a unique and exciting setting to work in Northern Manitoba. Open seasonally, this hotel hosts travellers from around the world who are in search of the area's extraordinary polar bears, beluga whales, and northern lights. If you would like to see for yourself why Churchill is an exciting place to live, work, and play, join our team!
We are currently recruiting versatile, adventure seeking, Hospitality Guest Room Attendants to work at the Tundra Inn on a full-time, term basis from July - November, 2023.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The housekeeping room attendant provides for the comfort and safety of Tundra Inn guests by ensuring that guest rooms and common areas are cleaned, sanitized, stocked, and properly presented. The housekeeping room attendant is also responsible for laundering and restocking linens, responding to guests’ requests for extra sundries or linens and assisting front desk staff to ensure Tundra Inn guests enjoy a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 1+ years’ related work experience, preferably in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Valid Class 5 (standard driver’s licence) is an asset.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages are an asset.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills, including interpersonal skills, empathy, and patience.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Flexible and resourceful with challenges that rise from working in a remote, northern location.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Job is in Churchill, Manitoba, a remote, northern location.
- Hotel environment.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to safely lift 23 kilograms (50 pounds).
- The ability to travel to Churchill, Manitoba by air and/or train is required.
- Closed-toe, slip-resistant, comfortable footwear is required.
- Staff housing is available.
- Overtime may be required during evenings, weekends, and on holidays.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site gym
- Housing allowance
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position