Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Local runs, home every night
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- $500 Driver referral program
- Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Boot Allowance provided.
- The position involves moving bales of material on a pallet jack daily and collecting carts from within offices and businesses.
- It is a very customer service orientated position that involves a lot of in and out of the truck.
- Communication is key.
- Performs pre/post-trip inspections of the vehicle assigned to drive
- Communicates with customers in a professional manner
- Carries out general safety practices of a commercial driver
- Follows guidelines for safe load securement while operating a tractor trailer
- Carries out instructions from Dispatch in a timely and professional manner
- Travel to and from bottle depots collecting recycling and unloading full loads at drop off
- This position may require weekend work
- Must have a valid Class 5 license with air endorsement along with clean abstract
- Physically able to move bales of material with pallet jack
- STRONG communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Experience with b-trains, front-ends, roll-offs, body jobs and dump trucks preferred
- Experience with self-loading cranes is considered an asset
- Related training or experience operating different types of excavators, mobile shears, material handlers, and other heavy equipment such as wheel loaders would be a definite asset
- Prior experience in bottle metal recycling or demolition would be beneficial
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Flexibility with work shifts and ability to work overtime
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position