Cabana Attendant (Seasonal 2023)
Cabana Attendants collect food and drink orders from guests who are renting a private cabana for the day. Must
deliver the order in a timely fashion and collect funds via cash/card all while providing excellent customer
service. Needs have knowledge of POS order entry and cash handling skills. Must be TABC certified at time of
hiring and have in possession a TABC card while performing job functions. Cabana Attendants will work
closely with all F&B and Group Events Staff to prepare items according to recipes provided.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service.
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new products when applicable.
- Pleasantly answer guests' questions and refer to management if answer doesn't solve the issue.
- Monitor all guests for alcohol intake to appropriate levels and attempt to curtail inappropriate behavior. Notify Management immediately of any potential intervention that may be needed.
- Multi-task while being attentive to guests and remaining flexible to the needs of the business.
- Communicate effectively with guests for the purpose of taking orders, upselling food and beverage products, and just assisting with park information as needed.
- Carry drink trays and medium oval trays with food and beverages.
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements for all guests.
- Handle cash and credit transactions with guests.
- Issue change, receipts and star cash.
- Redeem coupons and honor discounts.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Show a sense of urgency while working.
- Acquire product knowledge and keep updated on changes, daily prices, product availability, and events.
- Report any theft or suspicious activity to management ASAP.
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the park.
- Follow all company policies and procedures while protecting company assets.
- Maintain clean and tidy work area.
- Take pride in their wardrobe & appearance.
- Assist other departments as staffing needs require.
Minimum age requirement is 18 years of age High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience with POS Cash Handling Systems
Have Basic Restaurant FOH Skills
Montgomery County Food Handlers Certification
Benefits and Perks
- Employee Season Pass to Big Rivers Waterpark.
- Season Passes for Parents
- Discounts on Food, Beverage and Merchandise.
- Discounts on General Admission Tickets
- Employee Events and Parties
This job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position