Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra :
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Employee discount programs!
- Be part of an organization that wants to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
- Design, implement and monitor a preventative maintenance program for all plant and facility equipment consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals;
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems to ensure their efficient and safe operation and to minimize unprocessed inventory;
- Create and maintain proper records for all maintenance activities;
- Manage inventory levels of critical replacement parts in a cost-effective and efficient manner;
- Ensure that all Job Hazard Analyses are completed for plant maintenance tasks and are reviewed/updated as required;
- Observe safe work practices.
- Post secondary mechanical technology or equivalent;
- 4-5 years experience working as a ‘jack of all trades’ in a heavy industrial environment;
- Ability to do basic fabrication including welding and cutting;
- Previous work experience with conveyor systems, balers and compaction equipment;
- Industrial Millwright trades certificate or equivalent or Red Seal or Gold Seal license preferred but not required
- Must be able to work proactively and take initiative on maintenance projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Punctual, reliable, team player.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
The Maintenance Supervisor will ensure facility equipment is properly maintained. This is a “hands on” position and plays an integral role in plant and equipment operations and special projects.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position