Creative Director (Marketing & Communications Department)
The National WWII Museum is seeking a strategic, innovative, and highly collaborative Creative Director to develop compelling visual assets that build the Museum’s brand, promote its visitor experience and educational programs, and engage audiences of all ages through print and digital mediums. Under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Creative Director serves as a key leader on the Museum’s Marketing and Communications team and a master storyteller who is expertly skilled at conceptualizing, designing, and art directing internal and external marketing collateral.
- Direct and design all visual aspects of the Museum brand, including but not limited to logos, advertisements, promotional materials, fundraising collateral, publications, building signage, and digital assets such as websites and social media graphics.
- Maintain and update the Museum’s brand standards; develop design resources, templates, and a library of brand assets to support teams across the Museum.
- Work closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications team to ensure that timelines for creative tasks are maintained, that the creative needs of the Museum are effectively addressed, and that brand and design standards are upheld.
- Effectively supervise the Museum’s in-house creative team as well as vendors such as photographers, videographers, illustrators, printers, and others to complete design projects on time, on budget, and on message.
- Proactively work with the Museum’s advertising agency, the Associate Vice President of Marketing, and other team members to develop creative concepts and continue evolving the Museum’s advertising campaigns.
- Elevate and champion the Museum’s brand by continuing to raise the creative bar, staying current with print and digital design trends, and producing innovative creative that is aligned with the Museum’s strategic goals and messaging.
- A minimum of six years of hands-on experience in visual design field with advanced knowledge of branding, print design and production, web design, motion graphics, and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in design required or equivalent experience working as a designer in an agency or in-house marketing setting.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with an exceptional ability to design for advertising, exhibition, educational, and fundraising projects in both print and digital platforms.
- Willingness to continually evolve creative skill sets.
- Strong organizational, management, and communication skills with experience leading and coaching visual designers.
- Firm understanding of design hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition, and meaningful imagery.
- Technical proficiency to prepare design files for printers and verify that they match vendor specifications.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to review proofs and make necessary revisions to ensure the final product meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Proactive work style with ability to manage multiple projects, consistently meet deadlines, and find creative solutions to problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build positive, collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization and with freelance designers, vendors, and agency partners.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, as needed, that may extend outside of the typical 40-hour workweek, including weekends and evenings, to complete tasks and meet deadlines during high-demand periods.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.