Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Why should you work for Emterra?
We are currently searching for a dynamic, energetic Route Supervisor Trainee to join our Southwest Ontario team. Reporting to the Operations Manager and Senior Route Supervisor, you will be a hands-on Supervisor assisting all with all aspects of the collections operations, as well as supporting the needs of municipal contracts. You will develop the skill set to ensure the highest standard of operational excellence and environmental health and safety to ensure our customers attain the best level of service
- Direct supervision of all drivers, ensuring ongoing training requirements, discipline and procedural implementation
- Working alongside the Operations Manager to maintain adequate staffing levels, including participating in interviews and pre-employment Road Tests
- Conducting ongoing observational behavior assessments/driver training to uncover any performance issues, and creating an action plan to correct
- Tracking ongoing service/driver issues and documenting any action required
- Attaining all the necessary information regarding any issues by maintaining courteous, prompt, and efficient customer relations
- Ensuring a healthy and safe working environment for all workers, and reporting any related issues immediately to the Operations Manager
- Ensuring company policy, systems, and industry related training is delivered to all drivers as needed
- Performing Accident Investigations when company vehicles are involved in traffic accidents
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Preference will be given to those candidates with Waste Management experience
- Proficiency with performing pre and post trip inspections, as well as accident investigations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to plan, prioritize and execute against tight timelines
- Intermediate database, spreadsheet, and word processing skills within a Microsoft environment
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position