Coconut Software is looking for a prolific, talented, and creative in-house, full time Copywriter to join our team! In this role, you will write various types of content (print, web, mobile, video and social media) regularly to expand our company’s digital footprint and drive awareness, thought leadership and leads. In this role, you will require a high level of creativity and attention to detail and have a strong knowledge of Coconut’s target market space.
You will report into our Director of Marketing and work very closely with the rest of the Marketing team, as well as VP of Product, Director of Customer Success and Sales teams.
- You are our lead copywriter, contributing to the research and spearheading the creation of new content and thought leadership pieces (sales collateral, white papers, brochures, success stories, and blog posts) for internal and external placement, supporting prospects and customers. You will work closely with our Product Marketer.
- Partner with the rest of the Marketing team to create social media content spanning prospect and customer outreach, as well as employer branding initiatives.
- Work with our Designer and Product Marketer to create beautiful marketing assets and keep our website up to date to convey the value of our solutions to our prospects and customers.
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with our financial institution audience and drives specific paths of action.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target customers in the financial services industry.
- Support the strategic development of integrated marketing plans and deploy tactics to drive consumer awareness and consideration of Coconut’s product.
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by working with our Growth Marketer to convert site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers).
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Routinely and effectively influence buy-in from the Marketing and Sales team and key players surrounding your creative ideas. This role is at the core of the Marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- Develop an editorial calendar in conjunction with quarterly themes and campaigns.
- Ability to multitask among a multitude of projects and responsibilities with quick turnaround for timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or related field or a robust portfolio of high quality work is required.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience, ideally in the financial services sector.
- Collaborative team player with excellent people and time management skills, with the ability to interact with customers and coworkers at all levels.
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to maintain consistent voice while tailoring content to a variety of buyers throughout the engagement journey.
- Experience working with WordPress and comfort using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack, Pardot and Salesforce.
- Experience in marketing Enterprise Software (B2B) at a SaaS company would be a great asset.
- SEO experience would be a huge bonus, French as well!
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Canadian Tire. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto (currently working from home). After doubling revenues 3 years in a row and completing the Google Accelerator for Startups, the company has ambitious growth plans to scale the business over the next 3 years.
With company perks like Cabana Days, Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to propel your career!
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion in 2021.