Law Firm Assistant
Law Firm Assistant
Legal Services of North Florida has an opening for a Administrative Support Clerk as we expand into a second Tallahassee location. Come work with great people who do hard work to better the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals in our communities. Work independently and as part of a team to organize and support a branch office and legal staff for a non-profit law firm, with 85+ employees in six offices across North Florida.
Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills, be comfortable with office technology, and able to learn proper legal and client communications as well as an electronic client database systems. Experience with general administrative skills, client relations, a law office, general office equipment, and paper/ electronic records maintenance is highly preferred. Knowledge of e-filing, legal memorandums, or phone intake is beneficial. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise professional judgment and discretion is essential. This position requires an in-person, 35 hour full-time work schedule, but can support a four-day (M-Th) or five-day (M-F) work week.
Entry level salary of $28,000 is negotiable, depending on experience. Comprehensive fringe benefits package includes:
- A four-day or five-day (35 hour) work week
- Paid time off includes holidays, sick leave, and personal leave (which after two years, increases to four weeks per year)
- 100% fully paid health insurance for employee & dependent children after 60 days of employment
- Employer paid life insurance policy of $25,000
- Employer contributes 6% to retirement/ 401K plan, after one year of full-time service
- Additional voluntary options of dental, vision, term life, disability, and other insurance coverages are also available.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position