Job Description: Line Cook
Must be friendly, outgoing, and possess good communication skills. It is organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively. Retains self-composure. Must possess a sense of urgency and timing. Must set high standards, be quality conscious, and have an eye for detail. Must take pride in personal appearance and have a sense of dedication to his/her job. Must display integrity and honesty in all aspects of his/her employment. Responsible for the daily preparation of food items in various areas of the kitchen. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications set by the restaurant.
Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift. Cleans and maintains stations using good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills. Understands how to properly use and maintain all equipment in station. Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
Duties and Requirements:
- Able to communicate in, read, write, and understand the primary language of the work location.
- They can perform simple mathematical calculations as they relate to recipe execution.
- Able to stand and exert mobility for periods up to 6 hours in length.
- Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, and etc. weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Has an understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- Possesses finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must have the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors, and all other employees.
- Previous prep or line cook experience preferred.
- Prepares, according to our standards and recipes, all products in the station that are assigned.
- Assists other line cooks when necessary.
- Communicates clearly and efficiently with other kitchen receives information and feedback from them on their needs, and takes action based on observation and information received.
- Observes the quality of food in his/her station, taking all necessary actions to ensure our standards.
- Works as a team with all of our personnel.
- Takes responsibility for efficient food presentation and proper cooking times.
- Maintains kitchen equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a manager.
Specials menu abbreviations, Safe food temperatures, Cook times, Plate presentation, Proper portions/weights, Station procedures, Equipment operations, Menu items, knife handling skills, local and state health codes, Kitchen sanitation.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Santa Fe Cattle Company (MRG, LLC) is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled