ICONA Resorts is actively seeking a Housekeeping Intern for our summer 2020 season at our Avalon location. At ICONA we are enthusiastic about our culture and take pride in hiring individuals that share our highest mission to provide our guests with unmatched services exuding a spirit of warmth, welcome, and love.
The Housekeeping Intern will act as a utility player and learn the responsibilities of a Room Attendant and Laundry Attendant. The Housekeeping Intern will have the ability to learn about the day to day operations of the Housekeeping department. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness throughout the resort.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work with department heads to learn scheduling and inventory management.
2. Receives list of assigned rooms from managers and prioritizes rooms according to check out times.
3. Checks inventory of cleaning cart; adds any necessary supplies.
4. Knocks and announces self before entering a guest’s room; returns at a later time if rooms are occupied.
5. Removes soiled linens, towels, bedspreads, and blankets from each assigned room and provides fresh replacements.
6. Makes bed, stocks towels, washcloths, and hand towels according to ICONA’s procedures.
7. Wipes surfaces in room and cleans mirrors.
8. Cleans and disinfects bathroom and kitchenette or coffee-preparation areas according to ICONA’s procedures.
9. Vacuums and mops floors.
10. Ensures room meets ICONA’s standards with a final walkthrough.
11. Notifies supervisor of room availability and reports any suspicious activity.
12. Notifies supervisor of needed maintenance or repairs.
13. Takes found items to designated lost and found area if guest has checked out.
14. Perform all stages of linen processing, including but not limited to collecting, transporting, sorting, loading/unloading washers and dryers, ironing, folding.
15. Operate cleaning equipment
16. Ensure the continuous washing of linen: collect, sort, wash, fold, iron (if necessary).
17. Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
18. Organize pickup and delivery of sheets.
19. Routine cleaning of dryer lint traps and recordkeeping.
20. Examine linen to ensure cleanliness and address soiled/stained linen for re-claim load.
21. Attend weekly ICONA culture meetings.
22. All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
23. Performs other duties as directed.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Detail Oriented.
- Organizational Skills.
This position operates in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Current college student.
3. Hospitality experience.
At ICONA we have fun while we get the job done! You'll be joining a team of talented, hard-working professionals all working together toward one goal: giving our guests a Five Star experience at our iconic beachfront resorts.
Full-time, year-round employees are eligible for additional benefits including: health insurance, 401K, and bonus programs.
ICONA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICONA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.