Brittany Woods & Park Chase Apartments!
Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD, HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates low and mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
About the Lead Service Technician Role:
The Lead Service Technician is responsible for ensuring that the physical aspects of the community meet the company’s established standards for safety, appearance and operation within the budgeted financial goals. He or she will inspect grounds, building and other community features daily to identify, minimize and correct hazardous property conditions or liability concerns. Oversee the physical property, general maintenance repairs, unit make-ready, preventative maintenance, and construction or rehabilitation projects for the apartment community to ensure quality and expediency. Maintain well-organized and property stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards. Under direction of Community Manager, the Lead Service Technician will supervise, train and schedule maintenance activities for maintenance staff. Check work progress of each maintenance staff on daily basis; provide immediate assistance and instruction if needed. Will be required to schedule and respond to on-call/after hour emergencies. Additionally, he or she is responsible for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to Fair Housing and OSHA regulations.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- $500 Sign on Bonus!!
- Paid every two weeks
- Cell phone reimbursement every pay period
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Payments
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 16 hours of Learning Time Off annually
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- This role is eligible for overtime
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, and employer HSA contributions
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience (required)
- 3+ years of multi-family maintenance experience or at least 3+ years of commercial maintenance experience (required)
- EPA Sec 608 Certification - either a Type I (small appliances) plus Type II (AC's), or Type Universal (required)
- Meeting maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Under direction of the Community Manager, accomplishing maintenance human resource objectives by training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Participating in improving maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Familiar with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment, appliances, carpentry repairs, electrical repairs and all facets of an apartment make ready.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as well as move through the community and maneuver around equipment, climb ladders for repairs, etc.
- Must be willing to be on-call
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled