Since 1945, Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights has been manufacturing the highest quality traditional, antique and custom designed hand-made lighting fixtures. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of handmade copper lanterns in the world.
Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights currently has an opening for a full time position at our Corporate Headquarters in Covington, LA (Northshore).
The Administrative Assistant will perform various tasks for the other NS Departments and Staff members as needed as well as perform various typical office/support tasks including running errands, answering phones, filing, etc.
- Answer telephone, transfer calls and take messages
- Sort and distribute mail
- Assist with Company Events
- Process postage for Admin. outgoing mail/packages/weekly payables
- Data entry into MS Excel (experience helpful)
- Check/reorder office, break room and bathroom supplies
- Filing for Accounting Department
- Obtain and distribute information for monthly Production Safety Meeting
- Assemble and distribute Employee Newsletters
- Assist HR, Accounting, Purchasing departments with administrative tasks
- Whatever else may come up
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; listen; stand; walk; touch; type and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift lanterns and products, up to 25 pounds.
Travel to all other locations at times may be required for this role...but few and far between.
Bevolo provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled